Best Paper Awards
- Hankyu Jang, Samuel Justice, Philip M. Polgreen, Alberto M. Segre, Daniel K. Sewell, and Sriram V. Pemmaraju. 2019. "Evaluating architectural changes to alter pathogen dynamics in a dialysis unit" In Proceedings of the 2019 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM 2019).
Big Data Challenge
First Place in 2017 Indiana Medicaid Data Challenge – Data Analysis
Our team ‘Random Variables’ visualized gaps in care by mapping mental health treatment capacity and demand in the Indiana state. We discovered potential ‘underserved’ areas with 94% accuracy using Random Forest classifier. Our solution is published on the website of the State of Indiana. Please see below links for the competition, proposed solution, and links to posts that mention our solution.
- Solution: Tableau visualization, Presentation slides
- Competition: 2017 Indiana Medicaid Data Challenge - scroll down to ‘Data Analysis Winner: Random Variables’ to view our solution.
- MPH Newsletter, Government Technology, Xconomy
- Graduate College Post-Comprehensive Research Fellowship (Spring 2022) at the University of Iowa. Tuition + Stipend. CS-News
- Merit Scholarhip (2014 - 2015) at Handong Global University. Top 1% in Spring 2015 (Full Tuition)
- Community Leadership Training Team Leader Scholarship at Handong Global University
- Cum Laude for the Bachelor’s degree at Handong Global University