Best Paper Awards
- Top 2 among student papers: Hankyu Jang, Sulyun Lee, D. M. Hasibul Hasan, Philip M. Polgreen, Sriram V. Pemmaraju and Bijaya Adhikari. "Dynamic Healthcare Embeddings for Improving Patient Care" IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM 2022).’
- One of the best ranked papers: Hankyu Jang, Shreyas Pai, Bijaya Adhikari, Sriram V. Pemmaraju. "Risk-aware Temporal Cascade Reconstruction to Detect Asymptomatic Cases" IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM 2021)
- Top 1: Hankyu Jang, Samuel Justice, Philip M. Polgreen, Alberto M. Segre, Daniel K. Sewell, and Sriram V. Pemmaraju. "Evaluating architectural changes to alter pathogen dynamics in a dialysis unit" IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM 2019).
Big Data Challenge
First Place in 2017 Indiana Medicaid Data Challenge – Data Analysis
Our team ‘Random Variables’ visualized gaps in care by mapping mental health treatment capacity and demand in the Indiana state. We discovered potential ‘underserved’ areas with 94% accuracy using Random Forest classifier. Our solution is published on the website of the State of Indiana. Please see below links for the competition, proposed solution, and links to posts that mention our solution.
- Solution: Tableau visualization, Presentation slides
- Competition: 2017 Indiana Medicaid Data Challenge - scroll down to ‘Data Analysis Winner: Random Variables’ to view our solution.
- MPH Newsletter, Government Technology, Xconomy
- Graduate College Post-Comprehensive Research Fellowship (Spring 2022) at the University of Iowa. Tuition + Stipend. CS-News
- Merit Scholarhip (2014 - 2015) at Handong Global University. Top 1% in Spring 2015 (Full Tuition)
- Community Leadership Training Team Leader Scholarship at Handong Global University
- Cum Laude for the Bachelor’s degree at Handong Global University